Lettering Animation for Beginners
Mini-Course – Part 2
Hey, you can share this with other lettering artists who might want to learn animation :D
Watch Part 1 First
If you haven't seen Part 1, you'll want to watch that first. Here's a handy link for ya... watch Part 1.
Who is this mini-course for?
- Lettering artists who want to stand out from the crowd of static designs out there
- Designers who want to add animation to their client services
- Anyone who wants to animate but finds After Effects complicated and random tutorials out there just don't cut it
Keyboard shortcuts mentioned
Shift + F3 (on Mac, you may need to do Shift + fn + F3)
Open/Close graph editor
Cmd + D
Duplicate selected layer or composition
Cmd + [ (left bracket) or ] (right bracket)
Move selected layer up or down by one
Cmd + ↑ or ↓
Change which layer is selected by going up or down
Cmd + Shift + ↑ or ↓
Select layers as you go up or down
B (for beginning)
Move beginning of work area to playhead
N (for end)
Move end of work area to playhead
Turn on/off Title/Action Safe (good for lining things up to the middle)
- Create a write on animation with the new Alpha Matte technique... and be sure to customize your graph editor curves!!
- If it's your first animation, stick with the basics
- If you're a little more seasoned, push the boundaries and get creative
- Use the hashtag #LetteringAnimation and tag me (@ItsAustinSaylor on Twitter, Instagram and Dribbble) I'd love to see what you make!
What are you going to do to take action in the next 72 hours? I know you want to get better at animation... so let me know what you're going to do in the next few days.
Email me at email@example.com and let me know. Seriously!
Don't miss the next lesson!
If you got here from a link someone shared... Welcome 👋
I'm sending all of the videos in this mini-course to my email list. If you want to get the rest of the mini-course, sign up below :D