Lettering Animation for Beginners
Mini-Course – Part 3
Hey, you can share this with other lettering artists who might want to learn animation :D
You should watch these in order:
If you haven't seen Part 1, you'll want to watch that first.
Who is this mini-course for?
- Lettering artists who want to stand out from the crowd of static designs out there
- Designers who want to add animation to their client services
- Anyone who wants to animate but finds After Effects complicated and random tutorials out there just don't cut it
- Create a bouncy write on animation with the new Alpha Matte technique... and be sure to customize your graph editor curves!!
- If it's your first animation, bounce the first and last strokes
- If you're a little more seasoned, push the boundaries and get creative
- Use the hashtag #LetteringAnimation and tag me (@ItsAustinSaylor on Twitter, Instagram and Dribbble) I'd love to see what you make!
Keyboard shortcuts mentioned
Shift + F3 (on Mac, you may need to do Shift + fn + F3)
Open/Close graph editor
Cmd + F
Takes you to the search bar in the timeline
Alt + → or ← (when keyframe(s) is selected)
Move keyframe one frame to the right or left
Pan behind tool (to move anchor point)
After Effects File
Download here: lesson 3.0.aep
Don't miss future tutorials and tips!
If you got here from a link someone shared... Welcome 👋
I regularly send tutorials, animation advice, freelance advice and guides to my email list. Sign up below.